Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Mutants & Scum" Part 6

So the saga continues on! The Ogryns are nearing completion - I'm suprised about the amount of work they are taking! Yesterday I took the time to give them 4 coats of GW's 'Ard Coat. This should help protect the paint on metal models.

I have completed the Command HQ - all 5 models and 60 pts of kick-ass guardsmen!
(bases will be done for the whole army in one go)

The Ratlings are now wip...

Last night was a sad day for Vancouver gamers... we said goodbye to Checkpoint Charlie's in North Vancouver. Checkpoint has been North Van's "home" for all things gaming for almost 8 years. I have a very close association with the store; when I started as an Outrider with GW I spent many weekends there running demos, painting clinics and later Rogue Trader and Hall of Heroes tournaments.

We did see the place out in style though - a ~32,000pt Apocalypse game that played out until 0130h!
Fittingly this ended in a tie.

I'd like to thank Drew Arnott for opening the store, supporting Vancouver gamers both in the store and through vast amounts of sponsorship at local events, and to wish him the best of luck in finding a new location in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment